Finding a new job can be a stressful process in an increasingly competitive market. It is essential that you make the right impression from CV to interview and this means highlighting your skills and abilities in a way that will inspire employers and maximize your chances throughout the selection process. Here you can find the tools and advice to help you secure your next role.
CV/Resume Writing and Interview Tips
Your CV makes your first impression on a company and therefore is an incredibly important document.
Please click here to download a PDF on how to put together your CV/Resume.
- Research the company you are meeting. Start with their website, then professional magazines, national newspapers, etc.
- Run through your CV and make sure you can back up every point made on it with examples.
- Make sure that you have prepared for your interview and know the exact time and location of the office.
- Keep contact details handy and to allow for any travel delays.
- First impression count: Wear your smartest clothes and act in a professional manner.
- Be upbeat and make positive statements and use "I§" rather than "we" when answering.
- Answer questions as directly as possible.
- Make eye contact.